Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Bull by the horns

I am tired of my past weeks being so dull, and last week is inexcusable! I need to make some major shake-ups.

I looked at what I did during the weeks that I posted my biggest losses, and I did notice a much firmer commitment to eating light, lots of soups specifically, and I was working out every single day. 10 pushups a day isn't a workout. I have to step things up again. I was getting complacent.

Today I walked for 30 minutes (I was shopping, but still, its walking). I stayed right at my daily Points allotment. I also went for a 6.8 mile run, which I know I can't do everyday, but was somewhat symbolic of me "kicking it up a notch" this week on my road to posting a loss greater than 1 lb.

That's my goal this week. Come Monday weigh-in, I want to hit 155.

Think I can do it???

Also, I had another "stock-up" day. I journeyed to Trader Joe's today - which is no longer conveniently located to me - and picked up the following:

- Baby spinach
- Arugula (so snobby!)
- Marinated mushrooms
- Roasted red peppers
- 96/4 ground beef hamburger patties (so good!)
- Mahi-Mahi filets
- Fat-free feta
- 50% low-fat cheddar slices
- Nitrate-free roast beef slices
- Organic beans
- 4 bottles of wine (2 buck chuck!)
- Organic steel-cut oats
- No-salt added solid albacore tuna in water

So it was another stock-up day. That, with the almost 7 mile run, feels good. I'm gonna kick ass this week!

For now, I will pass out. I have a midterm tomorrow and I am exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment