Monday, December 29, 2008

Resolutions, and Honey Mustard Chicken

What came first - the chicken or the New Year's Resolution?

I was never very patient, so I have decided to start on my New Year's Resolutions before 2009. And before the aforementioned chicken. I miss writing, so here goes another blog. I dislike the person I see in the mirror, so I joined Weight Watchers yesterday. And I sure love to cook, and I'd like to spend this year learning to make simple, tasty, budget and waist-friendly dishes for myself and my friends.

Thanks to modern technology I can do all three at the same time.

I'm going to chronicle my progress on Weight Watchers, and I will be posting the recipes I craft along the way. (Due to legal issues I cannot really post the "Points" value of things; I can however let you know if its something you can eat with abandon or something you can be a little more conservative with.)

But whatever. Stipulations aside... I'm in love with taste, texture, and satiety, so come along with me to my kitchen, my bathroom scale, and the year beyond. I'll be weighing in with thoughts and recipes here and there, and weighing in literally every Monday.

And keep me honest dammit. I am tired of starting things and not finishing them. Except food. I have to learn to leave a little more of that behind on the plate, naw'mean?

Honey-Mustard Chicken

Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into 4 oz portions - about the size of a deck of cards)
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon mustard
1 tablespoon fat-free sour cream
2 chopped scallions (small pieces)
1 tsp dried dill
cracked pepper
cooking spray

Preheat oven to 425. Spray a shallow baking dish with cooking spray. Mix together the honey, mustard and sour cream to make honey-mustard dressing (is also good for dipping stuff). If you need more dressing, just increase the amounts equally for all 3 ingredients. Coat the chicken breasts with the dressing. Sprinkle the chopped scallions liberally over the chicken, and then dust with the dill. Crack some black pepper over them if you so desire.

Bake at 425 for about 18-20 minutes (or until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle). Enjoy with pasta or rice, over a salad, or tucked into a sandwich. Or if you are like me and cannot be bothered with such frivolty, just eat it straight outta the oven.

Blogger is being a pest and won't let me post a picture, so here' s a link to my chicken:

Honey Mustard Chicken

*I am not a food photographer. I am not much of a photographer at all. If this does not look appetizing, I am sorry. It tasted really good. That's all you need to know.

Monday weigh in: 163.4

Pounds lost: 0.8

No comments:

Post a Comment